2012年10月17日水曜日

Obama on 'American Idol' Feud: Nicki and Mariah Will "Sort it Out"

Obama on 'American Idol' Feud: Nicki and Mariah Will "Sort it Out"

As he prepares for his second debate with Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama is on top of current events -- including the feud between American Idol judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. During an eight-minute interview for Miami radio's "The Yo Show," Obama was asked what he could do to repair the divas' differences.

"You know what? I think that they are going to be able to sort it out," the President told host Michael Yo. "I am confident. I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."

Yes, but is the POTUS siding with Team Mimi or Team Barbz? Obama hedged a little on this question, but it sounds like he's leaning towards the Mariah side.

"Mariah, she's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick [Cannon]. She's a wonderful lady," said Obama. "Nicki I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod." (Listen to the full interview, which includes questions about actual political issues, below.)



The President is one of several celebrities to weigh in on Minaj and Carey's spat, which was captured on video earlier this month. Nick Jonas, who was in talks to join the Idol judging panel, told MTV News that he felt the lineup was "going to be highly entertaining." ("It seems they all hate each other already, so it's perfect," his brother Joe added.) On the other hand, American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson told TMZ that she's simply not buying into the feud. "I don't believe it. I think it's just for the ratings of the show," said the singer-turned-actress.

Carey's husband Nick Cannon has also been weighing in, telling several media outlets that Idol producers are exploiting the "feud" angle for ratings.

"My wife is the classiest and strongest woman I've ever known...She's been through a lot worse in her career than some rapper getting loud with her," Cannon told The Huffington Post

During an appearance on The View, Cannon even suggested that producers may have deliberately leaked the fight tape.

"I've produced tons of television -- I don't know how anybody… could stand with a camera phone right in front of the monitor and record it and nobody say anything, and  it just magically gets on TMZ," he said.

As for the fight itself, Cannon says it really wasn't a big thing -- at least for Mariah. "I think we got a glimpse of a moment of frustration," he told HuffPo. "I don't think there's a real beef."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/obama-american-idol-feud-nicki-and-mariah-will-sort-it-out/1-a-494372

Alice Dodd Alicia Keys Alicia Witt Amanda Bynes Amanda Detmer Amanda Marcum

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿