2011年5月27日金曜日

Brad Pitt: "I Don't Want to Encumber" My Kids

Brad Pitt: "I Don't Want to Encumber" My Kids

In the new film Tree of Life, Brad Pitt takes on the daunting job of playing an abusive 1950s father of three, whose actions greatly affect his children's futures. In real life, the dad of six (with love Angelina Jolie), says he had to dig deep to get into the mind of the main character, as his parenting philosophy couldn't be more different.

"I certainly don't raise my kids that same way," the actor, 47, told People.com at the premiere of the flick that won top honors in Cannes. "I'm painfully aware that my actions leave a double mark on them in these formidable years, so I make sure I don't bring my crap at home." 

Pitt says he's looking forward to seeing each of his children develop into their own special personality. "I want to keep them free to explore that innocence as long as possible and find out what's really interesting to them," he says. "I just don't want to encumber them in any way." 

But don't get him wrong -- he's certainly not saying he's a perfect parent. "Not [like I'm] a horrible parent," he said after being asked if he's ever done his kids wrong. "But I've certainly made mistakes and had to make up for it." 

In the end, Brad says he and Angie just want their kids to do what makes them feel fulfilled.

"Listen, I just want them to follow their bliss. Whatever makes them happy," he says.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/brad-pitt-i-dont-want-encumber-my-kids/1-a-353297

Vitamin C Vogue Whitney Able Whitney Port Willa Ford Xenia Seeberg

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿