2011年5月26日木曜日

What We (And Celebs) LOVE About Oprah Winfrey: The Last Five Years

Today, Oprah Winfrey airs the last episode of her hit-syndicated talk show and she will be missed by millions of fans. 

Some of her celebrity fans/friends have been speaking out about what she means to them and we have their tweets along with deets about the final show (semi-spoilers included so enter at your own risk) inside.....

 

She may be a billion dollar woman, but she knows what's really important in life.  The last five years, Oprah has focused on education and the upliftment of those who truly believe education in all areas of life is key.  Through scholarships, her school in South Africa, her magazine and now her OWN channel, everything she does has the intention of teaching.  

According to CNN, Oprah Winfrey's final show will feature an intimate conversation between she and her audience.  With old show clips and segments playing as she spoke, Oprah told the audience,

" This last hour is about me saying thank you, it is my love letter to you. I want to leave you all with the lessons that is the anchor of my life. Everyday that I stood here I knew that this was exactly where I was supposed to be. There was many a day I came to work tired, but I showed up because I knew that you were waiting, you were waiting for whatever we had to offer. That’s why I never missed a day in 25 years."

And when speaking about what she hopes everyone has learned from the show, she said:

"(Know)what sparks the light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world. I didn’t even imagine that the show would have the depth and the reach that (it has now). ... Wherever you are, that’s your stage, your circle of influence. That’s your talk show, that’s where your power lies. … You have the power to change somebody’s life. Everyone has a calling, and your real job in life is to figure out what that is and get about the business of doing it."

And here's what some celebrities have tweeted about Oprah recently:

Mariah Carey: "Thank u Oprah for inspiring, educating & most importantly giving so many the power to dream & have hope these past 25 yrs! Love & God bless."

Joan Rivers: "Oprah Winfrey is so powerful that she had the Rapture postponed until after her final show airs tomorrow."

Will.i.am: "I’m going to miss the oprah winfrey show... Thank you so much for making feel apart of the harpo family... I love you oprah."

Kristin Chenoweth: "Best night of my life. Sang for Oprah!!!"

Josh Groban: "Took a covert trip to Chicago to surprise @Oprah on her big finale concert. Such an honor! Just landed in San Antonio for concert tomorrow!"

Conan O’Brien: "Oprah has revealed who the guest will be on her final show and it’s not me. P.S. Congrats to whoever 'Will Smith' is,"

Yoko Ono: "She is "one of the strongest women around."

Tyrese Gibson: "I have never witnessed anyone be honored on this level EVER!! @Oprah you are beyond amazing!! Great job team @Harpo Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!"

Shanice--I'm soooo sad that @Oprah's show is over..
 

Sissy Spacek: "I'm gonna miss Oprah," "She's like a girlfriend that we get to have tea with in the afternoon. I'm happy about her network, and I'm happy that she's gonna be able to do different things, but I'm sad for us."

Jada Pinkett Smith: "What a truly amazing night! @oprah Be sure to tune in and share the moment."

 

So, oh fab ones.  As we bid adieu, what has Lady O meant to you?

Source: http://theybf.com/2011/05/25/what-celebs-love-about-oprah-winfrey

Lil Kim Lily Allen Lindsay Lohan Lindsay Price Lisa Marie Lisa Snowdon

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿