2012年8月29日水曜日

Mayim Bialik Reveals She Used Labor Techniques to Cope with Injury Pain

Mayim Bialik Reveals She Used Labor Techniques to Cope with Injury Pain

Mayim Bialik owes her ability to deal with an injury to a surprising source: her two natural labors.

The Big Bang Theory actress, 36, who has two sons (Fred, 4, and Miles, 6), says when she suffered a severe hand injury during a car accident earlier this month, she relied on pain-coping techniques learned while preparing for unmedicated births.

"[I used] a lot of deep breathing," she tells Access Hollywood. "Everything I used for natural labor, I absolutely used at the scene of this accident."

Although she didn't lose a finger as originally speculated after the bloody accident, Bialik says the injury is painful and requires her to rest in order to properly heal. She adds that the experience "really reaffirmed my faith in pain with a purpose and the meditative properties, the ability to lower your blood pressure, which women do in labor. It absolutely is what I used to get me through all stages of this [experience]."

The Emmy-nominated actress also says being a mother helped her kickstart her survival skills.

"I remember I thought, I'm a mom, this is not happening. I have kids waiting for me. It's my son's birthday -- and it was. That was my first thought."

Despite her recovery process, Bialik still plans to make an appearance on Emmy night.

"All the fingers move. They work," she said wiggling her digits. "We can get this whole contraption in black for Emmy night. That's really what's important, right?"

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/mayim-bialik-reveals-she-used-labor-techniques-cope-injury-pain/1-a-483282

Gwen Stefani Halle Berry Hayden Panettiere Haylie Duff Heidi Klum Heidi Montag

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿