2011年11月10日木曜日

Mariah Carey 70-Pound Weight Loss: Photo

Mariah Carey 70-Pound Weight Loss: Photo

If Mariah Carey has one lesson she wants her fans to take away from her impressive post-pregnancy weight loss, it's that they can "make it happen."

The 42-year-old pop star gave birth to twins Monroe and Moroccan April 30, and since then, she says, has dropped a whopping 70 pounds: 40 pounds of water weight (in the first week alone!) and 30 pounds courtesy of the Jenny (formerly Jenny Craig) weight-loss program.

Carey, now a spokesperson for Jenny, has recorded a new song called Make It Happen that will appear in future ads. Watch Mariah's first commercial -- sans the new song -- below!
 


"I wrote that song from personal experience," she tells USA Today in a new interview. "(The song is) so fitting because a lot of people give up hope when they have had their kids and can't lose that 20 pounds or 40 pounds, or they have gone through issues with weight their entire lives. It becomes so frustrating and debilitating that you give up."

Carey also flaunts her new post-baby body on the latest cover of Us Weekly, telling the gossip mag that she kept to a strict 1,500-calorie-a-day diet with thrice-weekly workouts to return to her slimmer figure. She admits that she hated how she looked when she was pregnant and that she "gained an enormous amount of weight," so it was very gratifying when she finally took it all off.

"I'm proud of how hard I worked to get my body back," Carey says. "I had to do this for me."

Carey says she never weighed herself during her pregnancy because she didn't want to know exactly how much weight she put on. She has stayed away from the scale since, and judges her weight loss by her dress size -- which she says is between a 4 and a 6 right now. "I worked like a fiend," Carey tells USA Today about reclaiming her slender physique.

Carey echoed this sentiment during an appearance on Tuesday's The Rosie Show on OWN -- although she says her weight loss was about more than just looking good; it was about being able to accomplish everyday tasks again.

"I had a really tough pregnancy. I was supposed to be on bed rest, but it was so bad that even bed hurt," she told host Rosie O'Donnell. "The whole point of this is not just like: 'Oh, hey, look at me and my weight loss, I'm fantastic.' It's really health," she continued. "Like I said, I learned it when I became helpless and felt so vulnerable like never before in my life."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/mariah-carey-70-pound-weight-loss-photo/1-a-400871

Marisa Miller Marisa Tomei Marla Sokoloff Marley Shelton Mary Elizabeth Winstead Megan Ewing

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿