2012年9月24日月曜日

Nicole Richie Wants to Provide Kids the Stability She Lacked as a Child

Nicole Richie Wants to Provide Kids the Stability She Lacked as a Child

Nicole Richie has first-hand knowledge of what it's like to grow up as a celebrity's kid -- and because of that she is making very deliberate parenting decisions to make sure her kids have the stability that she lacked as a child.

In a new interview with DuJour magazine, Richie explains how being raised in the industry influenced her life as a mother. She and her husband, Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden, don't want showbiz to uproot their two children (daughter Harlow, 4, and son Sparrow, 3).

"One of the biggest differences in the way I'm raising my kids versus the way I was raised is that I was on tour a lot. I don't really do that with my kids," Nicole says. "It's important to me that they have stability. I like them to be home."

Richie, 31, was raised in a posh neighborhood of Los Angeles by her adoptive parents, pop star Lionel Richie and his then-wife Brenda Harvey-Richie

"I was taken out of school and had tutors," Nicole recalls. "By the time my father went onstage, I was asleep."

Despite some troubled years as a teen, when she experimented heavily with drugs and was even arrested in her early 20s, Richie doesn't blame her parents' lifestyle for her struggles.

"There's no right or wrong way to raise a family," says Richie, whose friends growing up included Khloe Kardashian and Paris Hilton. "Look, I don't know anyone who can say they don't just try and do the best that they can do."

Click Here to See Birthday Girl Nicole Richie's Most Stylish Moments!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/nicole-richie-wants-provide-kids-stability-she-lacked-child/1-a-488655

Freida Pinto FSU Cowgirls Gabrielle Union Garcelle Beauvais Genelle Frenoy Georgianna Robertson

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿