2012年9月24日月曜日

Paris Hilton Apologizes for Anti-Gay Comments on Tape

Paris Hilton Apologizes for Anti-Gay Comments on Tape

Paris Hilton realizes that she made a big mistake with her controversial comments about the gay community that hit the web yesterday, and she's attempting to redeem herself by apologizing profusely.

The 31-year-old heiress had been recorded calling gay men "the horniest people in the world" and "disgusting." She also made some shocking remarks about homosexual men dying of AIDS. Though a spokesperson for Hilton immediately released a statement apologizing on her behalf, Hilton apparently felt the need to set the record straight herself. She released a second statement through GLAAD shortly after RadarOnline released the audio of her recorded cab ride yesterday.

"As anyone close to me knows, I always have been and always will be a huge supporter of the gay community. I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning," she says in the release. "I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

The statement continues, "HIV/AIDS can hurt anyone, gay and straight, men and women. It's something I take very seriously and should not have been thrown around in conversation."

Those sentiments are similar to the ones Hilton's spokesperson said yesterday. Hilton and her male model friend were reportedly discussing the smartphone app Grindr that allows gay men to locate one another for hookups. The discussion had started when Hilton's friend said he knew of a man who has AIDS who was knowingly having unprotected sex with other gay men.

"Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know. It is so wrong when people bully or put down others for being gay. No one should have to go through that," Hilton's statement concludes. "Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way. Thank you for taking a minute to read this, I love you."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/paris-hilton-apologizes-anti-gay-comments-tape/1-a-488707

Jennifer Gimenez Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Morrison Jennifer ODell Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿