2012年9月25日火曜日

Nina Dobrev Reveals the Actress Whose Closet She'd Love to Raid

Nina Dobrev Reveals the Actress Whose Closet She'd Love to Raid

As one of Hollywood's rising starlets, Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev is no slouch in the style department. But even though the actress always brings her A-game to the red carpet, she still finds herself envying the wardrobes of some of her peers.

In the new coming-of-age film The Perks of Being a Wallflower (in theaters now), Dobrev, 23, stars alongside fashionista Emma Watson. "I think she has some of the best style period. She's always so classy and beautiful and I really look up to her in that way," she tells iVillage about her British costar. So who else does Dobrev admire? "Emma Stone. All the Emmas, they all have great style."

When iVillage caught up with Dobrev -- who's dating her Vampire Diaries costar Ian Somerhalder -- she dished about the show's highly anticipated return, the pressure to look perfect in Hollywood and the guilty pleasure food she loves to splurge on.

How do you think The Perks of Being a Wallflower is different from other high school movies?
I feel like it's not a storybook stereotypical kind of high school story or experience. It feels real. It's about the odd balls, not about the cool kids, know what I mean? High school is a roller coaster ride. There's good times and bad times and your friends are what get you through. That's why I feel like it felt like a real, true version of high school.

The movie touches on some dark topics -- drugs, sex, abuse. Do you think it’s important to open a discussion about the real issues that teens are facing?
Yes, I definitely think it's very important. The way you find out that you're not the only one going through something is by talking about it and being open about it. In my [character's] case, it's the abuse that happens too often.

The characters in the film are discovering who they are. If you could go back, what would you tell your high school self?
I don't know. It's hard because I had a really great experience and I really felt like I was in the moment and I enjoyed everything. But now, looking back, I wish I'd taken two breaths instead of the one breath. Especially now because I'm in the public eye -- I feel like then I was just more carefree. Anonymity was bittersweet and so valuable to me.

You and your costar Emma Watson are both known for your fashion sense, and you always look great on the red carpet.
Thank you! I think she has some of the best style period. She's always so classy and beautiful and I really look up to her in that way.

Did you two ever swap fashion advice?
Yeah actually. Last year at the MuchMusic Video Awards -- I had to choose between a couple of dresses, and I definitely asked for her opinion. There was the safe choice and there was the edgy choice, which was the blue Georges Chakra dress that I wore, and she said, "If you feel confident in it, don't choose the safe one. Take a risk, it will be more fun."

Is there any designer you both geek out over?
I don't know. We get to wear so many incredible designers, and I'm sure she's gotten to wear almost every one. But there are many that I want to wear. I want to wear Versace and Calvin Klein and Chanel.

Other than Emma, which celebrity would you want to swap wardrobes with?
Oh, Emma Stone probably. All the Emmas, they all have great style.

The season premiere of The Vampire Diaries is Oct. 11. Can you give us any clues about what’s coming?
All I can really say is that [my character] might surprise everyone. It starts off conflicted and all over the place because that's her state of mind at the beginning, but then she'll grow into eventually a more confident and surprising vampire.

Your boyfriend Ian Somerhalder plays bad-boy vampire Damon. Are you Team Damon or Team Stefan?
It's hard for me -- I can't really be on one team or another. I just have to do what's written on the page!

Fair enough. There’s a lot of pressure on women in Hollywood to look perfect. How do you cope?
I'm a perfectionist in my own life, and it definitely bleeds into my professional life. I always want everything to be the best that it can be, but sometimes I have to stop myself and reel back. I can get a little OCD.

What’s your go-to food when you want to splurge?
Ooh. I love burgers. I love burgers. I like to get a big juicy burger with tomatoes and lettuce and ketchup and mustard and barbeque sauce and tartar sauce and truffles and chives. All of it.

Is there any particular burger joint that has your favorite burger?
Hal's in Venice has the best turkey burger.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/nina-dobrev-reveals-actress-whose-closet-shed-love-raid/1-a-488627

Amber Heard Amber Valletta America Ferrera Amerie Amy Cobb Amy Smart

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿